To lead in the discovery and dissemination of knowledge in optometry, vision science and clinical care, with unparalleled excellence, integrity and compassion; enhancing vision for life.
Enhancing Vision for Life
- Educating leading professionals in eye care and vision science; optometrists, residents, teachers and researchers.
- Fostering lifelong learning through scholarship, citizenship and knowledge.
- Providing service to support research, optometric education, clinical care and the profession.
- Providing advanced care to patients of all ages, without regard to socioeconomic background.
Research and Scholarship
- Conducting cutting-edge research to better understand the normal visual system, the mechanisms underlying, and the strategies to prevent, visual impairment and blindness.
- Applying new knowledge to improve public health and patient care
- Providing comprehensive, evidence-based care using the latest technology and knowledge to improve the quality of life of our patients
- Ensuring that students are well-trained and mentored to maximize student success in the classroom, laboratory and clinic.
- Maintaining an environment with uniformly high standards of professionalism and excellence that fosters the conversion of student to Doctor of Optometry and/or Vision Scientist.
- Fostering a sense of responsibility in our students, residents and graduates.