This scholarship is to fund an OPT II, OPT III or OPT IV student at the College of Optometry. Three students will receive the Walmart Scholarship in the amount of $3,000 for the 2015/2016 school year.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- An Optometry student with high scholastic standing in his/her last three years of school.
- A financial need. (Students who have received a “full scholarship” that covers all expenses should not be awarded this scholarship.)
- A student that has shown the ability to lead others.
- A student that shows a strong desire to enter community practice upon graduation and has current/previous experience in community practice. Preference given to Walmart/Sam’s Club Interns and/or students that have completed their IPPE Rotation at Walmart or Sam’s Club.
- The student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Students with a graduation year of 2015 are not eligible for this award.
Deadline Date to submit the following items is October 2015.
Selection is made by the College of Optometry Scholarship Committee.