Theme: What does the future of Walmart/Sam’s Club Optometry look like?
Project Foresight is a national Optometry scholarship competition challenging future Optometrists to think about the future of the profession. This scholarship is an opportunity for these future healthcare professionals to explore the impact they would like to have on Optometry as future providers and innovators. Highlighting the vision of Walmart/Sam’s Club Health & Wellness of providing quality, affordable, and accessible healthcare for everyone, this scholarship also incorporates Walmart’s basic beliefs: respect for the individual, service to our customers, striving for excellence, and act with integrity.
Teams of two will learn about Walmart/Sam’s Club Optometry and complete a Questionnaire to showcase their idea of “What does the future of Walmart/Sam’s Club Optometry look like?”. Teams with the most accurate and innovative concepts will move on to present their findings in the School Level Competitions. We will then select 8 winning teams to be invited to compete in the final round at Optometry’s Meeting based on the presentations given at the School Level Competition. The finalists will also be asked to develop a poster highlighting their findings, to be showcased at the AOA dessert reception.
You must be enrolled as a first, second, or third year student in one of the 21 optometry schools in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
- Teams of two students will first submit an entry form to RTS Ramon Yalldo.
- Teams will receive packet of information which includes resources to aid in completion of Questionnaire.
- A select number of teams will then develop and present their concept in the form of a presentation to a panel of judges at the Regional School Level Competitions. The presentation will be limited to fifteen minutes with an additional ten minutes for a question and answer session.
- 8 winning teams will be invited to compete in the final round of the competition at the 2017 Optometry’s Meeting in Washington, D.C.
Winners of each Region:
Winners of National Competition:
- $1,500 Team Scholarship Award
- $750 travel voucher (per team member) to be applied to AOA travel expenses
Winners of Best Business Commercial:
- 1st Place Grand Prize $15,000 Team Scholarship Award & Traveling Trophy to be displayed at School
- 2nd Place $5,000 Team Scholarship Award
- iPad Mini for each team member
- October 10th, 2016
- RTS’s send e-mails to their Deans & School Contact Person outlining Project Foresight
- October/November 2016
- RTS’s will give an on campus presentation regarding Project Foresight
- November 1st & 2nd, 2016
- Project Foresight Webinars
- January 16th, 2017
- Questionnaire Submission Deadline
- January 23rd, 2017
- Announcement of Teams advancing to the Regional School Level Competition
- April 1st 2017 – May 5th, 2017
- Regional Teams compete at School Level Competition with Live Judging of Presentations
- May 12th, 2017
- Announcement of all winners of the Regional School Level Competitions advancing to the final round in Washington, DC at the 2017 Optometry’s Meeting!
- June 21st – June 25th, 2017
- National Project Foresight Team Competition at 2017 Optometry’s Meeting in Washington, DC
For an entry form for Project Foresight, please contact:
Ramon Yalldo, OD
Regional Talent Specialist & Campus Relations Manager