What is Project Foresight?
National Scholarship Competition
Promotes Profession of Optometry
Highlights Walmart’s Mission in Health & Wellness
Incorporates Walmart’s Basic Beliefs
How do I win?
Submit an essay on your own unique practice idea for Walmart or Sam’s Club
- In what ways can an Optometrist partner with Walmart/Sam’s Club?
- What are the benefits of each practice model?
- How can Walmart/Sam’s Club enhance its current practice model?
- What do you envision for your Walmart/Sam’s Club practice?
How to Enter
An Optometry student wishing to compete simply submit their essay and entry form to
Dr. Ramon Yalldo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The essay may be a written or video submission.
Written: 500 - 1,000 words
Video: 3 - 10 minutes
- February 1, 2019 – Deadline for electronic submission of essay and entry form
- April 26, 2019 – Deadline for completion of the virtual interview
- May 9, 2019 – Announcement of the 23 students awarded $2,000 scholarships/travel grants
- June 21, 2019 – Announcement of the $5,000 Grand Prize Recipient during the annual Project Foresight Dessert Reception