We at LasikPlus believe in building our community through education and is proud to offer a $2,500 scholarship to students who are EXCITED to better themselves by investing in their minds. Scholarships are awarded EACH CALENDAR QUARTER!
To participate, submit a PDF of your essay to email@example.com.
- Be a full-time freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited university in the U.S. or its territories.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or its territories, or otherwise have a student visa valid for the entire duration of the specific Essay Scholarship Contest entered.
The essay should include the entrant’s contact information including: full name, the University or College of enrollment, current major, email address, and phone number where the entrant can be contacted. There are no restrictions on the topic and genre of the essay, but the essay must show the entrant’s desire and ability to bring their vision to life through continuing education and community involvement. The essay must be the personal, individual work of the entrant.
- The essay must be written in English.
- The essay can be no more than 700 words, but must be a minimum of 500 words. Citations and bibliography are not included in the word count.
- The essay must be double spaced, and the font type and size must be Times New Roman, 12 point.
- The essay content must inculde these parts; an abstract, an opening, at least 3 paragraphs in support, and a closing.
- A bibliogrpahy or references, if applicable, should be included on a new page following the closing paragraph.
- There are no restrictions on the topic and genre of the essay, but the essay may not contain offensive or obscene material. This restriction includes, but is not limited to, any negative language which is deemed to be targeted towards individuals of a specific race, religion, country of origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
- The essay must show the entrant’s desire and ability to bring their vision to life through continuing education and community involvement.
- The essay must be the personal, individual work of a single entrant.
- Any indications of plagiarism, cheating, or other forms of deception or dishonesty in the essay or with regard to the contest in general will result in immediate disqualification of the offending entrant’s essay.
- Each entrant may only submit one essay per contest. If more than one is submitted, all except the first (based on the email timestamp) will be disqualified.
- The essay must be submitted as a PDF document via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org