Essilor of America invites you to participate in Essilor Student Scholarship Program for 2017–2018. Essilor has proudly sponsored this program for more than 30 years. This is only a small part of our ongoing commitment to optometric education, optometry students and the optometric profession.
The clinical faculty and/or staff at each school should select one recipient based on the following criteria: Dispensing skills, application of Essilor lenses to patient needs, analysis of the case(s) and analysis of the lens design and lens performance (optional/extra).
• The student with the selected case report at each school will receive $1000, plus an entry into national judging.
• The national award winner and faculty advisor will each receive $2500.
• Program is open to optometry students who have experience in the clinic’s optical dispensary.
• Students should submit casereports on patients fit with Essilor lenses to the school’s faculty and/ or clinical staff who will select one submission.
• Maximum length is 2000 words.
• Reports should include patient’s old and new Rx, occupation, hobbies, unique problem solving applications and pertinent information.
• Student information must include name, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
DEADLINE: Submit by January 25, 2018 at 5:00pm to rjherrin@Central.UH.EDU
**Do not submit directly to Essilor.**