In January 2009, Keith Black & Susan Collingsworth requested that the Dr. Michelle Black Memorial Scholarship be changed to the Dr. Michelle Black & Dr. Connie Beaulieu Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship honors the memory of both OD's who were members of the Class of 1993.
- This scholarship is to fund an incoming OPT I student in the College of Optometry.
- Preference given to a female and from the Texas Panhandle.
- Criteria based on leadership qualities, dedication to peers and the profession, maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A 500 word essay and nomination by a UHCO faculty member are required in addition to standard UHCO eligibility requirements.
- Recipient must be in good academic standing and meet UHCO eligibility requirements.
- Selection is made by the College of Optometry Scholarship Committee.
- Currently No Flyer Available