Current Students |
The annual distributed income shall be spent for student scholarships based on the following criteria:
- Recipient may be an incoming first year full-time degree-seeking optometry student or a currently enrolled full-time degree seeking optometry student in good standing at the University of Houston College of Optometry.
- Preference will be given to Hispanic students from South Texas from the following counties: Maverick, Zavala, Dimmit, Frio, La Salle, Atascosa, McMullen, Wilson, Karnes, Live Oak, De Witt, Jackson, Goliad, Victoria, Calhoun, Bee, Refugio, Aransas, San Patricio, Webb, Duval, Jim Wells, Nueces, Kleberg, Zapata, Jim Hogg, Brooks, Kenedy, Starr, Hidalgo, Willacy, and Cameron, and also to include South San Antonio proper. If there is no qualified Hispanic student from South Texas, the scholarship can be awarded to any qualified student from any geographic region of Texas or another state.
- Recipient must meet eligibility requirements including a minimum 3.0 GPA and/or OAT scores as determined by the UHCO Scholarship Committee.
- Recipient can use the funds to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the upcoming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- The scholarship is renewable as long as the recipient continues to meet the above criteria.
- Recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with the John David Perrigin Scholarship Endowment.
- Currently No Flyer Available