The recipient(s) of the scholarship will be determined by the UH College of Optometry Scholarship Selection Committee. Since this scholarship is centrally focused on cornea and contact lens, further determination and selection will be aided by input from two members each from the Texas Eye Research and Technology Center and The Ocular Surface Institute.
The annual distributed income shall be spent for student scholarships based on the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a current full-time degree-seeking (third or fourth year optometry student) at the University of Houston College of Optometry.
- Recipient must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 and be in good standing as determined by the UHCO Scholarship Committee.
- Recipient must have demonstrated excellence in professionalism and clinical expertise within the Cornea and Contact Lens Clinical Service unit.
- Recipient must have excelled in didactic courses primarily focused on the cornea and contact lenses.
- Scholarship is renewable provided recipient continues to meet scholarship criteria as outlined above, and as determined by the UHCO Scholarship Committee
- Recipient can use the funds to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the upcoming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- Recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with the Dr. Jan Bergmanson Excellence in Cornea and Contact Lens Scholarship Endowment.
- Currently No Flyer Available