Sunny Chin is a retired pharmacist who earned his degree from the University of Houston College of Pharmacy in 1971. After practicing as a pharmacist for 12 years, Chin started his own independent pharmacy in 1983 and his last location before selling it was at 11618 Aldine Westfield in Houston. He retired in June 2015 and now volunteers at Mission Greenspoint Northwest Assistance Ministries and is deeply involved with the Champion Forest Baptise Church. Sunny has been closely involved with the University of Houston since 1995 and has been an ardent supporter of the College of Pharmacy and other U oiversity of Houston activities. The Chins' have two children, James Chin and Jessica Chin. This endowment honors James Chin, a 2018 graduate of UHCO.
- Scholarship applicant must be a currently full-time enrolled or incoming optometry degree-seeking student in good academic standing at the University of Houston College of Optometry (''UHCO").
- Scholarship applicant must have a 3.4 semester GPA.
- Scholarship applicant must meet eligibility requirements on Optometry Ad.mission Test ("OAT') scores as determined by the UHCO Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship is renewable at the discretion of the UHCO Scholarshp Committee while the student is enrolled in the optometry professional program full-time and maintains good academic standing for a total award period not to exceed four (4) consecutive years, and provided recipient continues to meet scholarship criteria as outlined.
- Recipient may acept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with then James Chin Scholarship up to the cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, room and board, transportation, and personal expenses.
- The recipient(s) of the scholarship will be determined by the UH College of Optometry Scholarship Slection Committee.
- Currently No Flyer Available