Established in January, 2012 in honor of Bj Avery, Executive Director of the Texas Optometric Association, for her service and commitment to the optometric profession, the college and its alumni and students. This scholarship is to fund a full-time or incoming OPT student at the College of Optometry and is renewable provided the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Recipient may be an incoming or current full-time degree-seeking student in good standing at the University of Houston College of Optometry.
- Recipient must meet eligibility requirements including GPA and/or OAT scores as determined by the UHCO Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship is renewable provided recipient continues to meet scholarship criteria as outlined above, and as determined by the UHCO Scholarship Committee
- Recipient can use the funds to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the upcoming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- Recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with the Bj
Avery Scholarship Endowment.
- Currently No Flyer Available